Discover more from Omnivore
Our updated web app
Faster article and library loading
Last week we updated our web application. For the most part it should look the same, but it’s actually a complete rewrite of our web code.
We did this to improve accessibility, increase performance, and to prepare for some of the new features in our beta pipeline.
For the developers
We will go into more detail in a future blog post, but here are the highlights: We rewrote our styling using Stitches and redid our data fetching using SWR. This helped us decrease our bundle size and more effectively use the CDN. It also dropped our build/deploy time by ten minutes.
A few missing features
In the rewrite we did remove a few features. Most importantly the discover tab. We removed discover after working with our users and getting a better sense of how they’d like to share and find content on Omnivore. We have a few major features to ship first, but Discovery will return in the future.